Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Clean Slate

It's the first day of fall and the weather is on point. That crisp bite in the air bringing reprieve from sweaty summer days. (I love summer but I love boots and hot beverages more.) New Year's Day may look good on paper but in my head, new beginnings coincide with the start of Autumn.

By the way, Autumn in Virginia is spectacular.




Speaking of new beginnings......welcome to my newly carved out hole in the wall! I am both excited and nervous to start another blog. I tried blogging about healthy eating, music, and then fashion but remained unsatisfied, wanting a place where I could throw it all down and then some.

This past year (2014) brought some pretty hefty changes to my life. And through it all something within me snapped. It all happened rather fast and a two week west coast/cross country road trip with my brother (more on that soon) was the final step in clearing my head and setting me straight. I was tired of being the "green is always greener" and "if only" girl. Tired of spending money on unnecessary trinkets in hopes that I'll feel happier. Tired of being a selfish victim of the circumstances in my life.  Just. Plain. Tired.

So here I am, crawling out of the pit of self misery and ready to focus on watering my own grass before I set out to conquer other pastures. My family can attest that my first born, always-right, perfectionist, conclusion-jumping self has its moments but I am working harder than ever to identify those moments and tell them to get lost.

Thanks for reading. Here's to the first day of glorious Autumn and a clean slate.


Regarding "Kelly's Cadence." Kelly is my name (duh) and Cadence refers to either rhythm or the closing of a musical phrase. I'm a musician craving more rhythm, closure, and rest in my life so this seems pretty fitting. 



1 comment:

  1. Your life starts now. Live it well. Never again fear failure. Failure is not possible so long as your lungs continue to draw breath. Your only limits are those that you choose to accept and live by. Choose them well.

    ReplyDelete