Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Breathe and (Blog) Reboot

Last post was........SIX MONTHS AGO?!

How is that I created a life in which I have no time to blog and even when I do have time I'm so exhausted that I don't want to blog?

Unacceptable.

Life has this way of throwing very fast curveballs; one after the other. The past six months have been far from normal (took 45 teenagers to Europe, my grandmother died, job situation changed) but it finally hit me that you MAKE time for the things that matter. And if your life situation is one that drains instead of drives then you have no choice but to make a choice.

This coming school year, I'm going from a part-time job plus a full-time job (with benefits) to two part-time jobs with no benefits. But for once I'm not worried. I will be teaching what I love and the pay cut will force me to be frugal and enjoy simple pleasures instead of going on shopping sprees to dull the pain from an over-scheduled life.

The road ahead will be rough. Old habits die hard. I love shopping. I love clothes. I'm full of rationals, justifications, excuses, and denials. But I also love making music. Reading. Brewing the perfect cup of tea. Catching up with friends. Evening runs with the Blue Ridge Mountains for a backdrop. BLOGGING.

Turning 30 put a new fire under my feet. No more time to waste. There is work to be done and fun to be had! Time to turn my focus from money and things to music and people. Thanks to you for  reading....it's a simple and powerful way to keep me accountable. More specific details regarding my plans to simplify life coming soon.

For now, time to breathe and reboot! (I think that looks a little something like this.......)

 Kayaking on the James River with my good friend, Megan.

The view of the James River from my grandparents' house.




No comments:

Post a Comment