Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fall in Love with the Shenandoah Valley

For our family, no autumn is complete without time spent exploring the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. It's like walking through a postcard and the crowds are proof that when the color comes out, so do the tourists. We are lucky to live so close. Several weekends back, my brother, cousin, and I hit up the pumpkin patch and then my dad joined us for a short hike on the Appalachian Trail through the Shenandoah National Park. Near perfect day.


Okay, so I might have dressed up for the pumpkin patch. I threw on this denim jacket (JC Penney circa 1999) over an Old Navy corduroy dress complete with my L.L. Bean boots.


Loving my brother's L.L. Bean vest, Levi's, and Timberland boots.


My cute-as-a-button cousin jazzing up her jeans with a blazer and scarf.


Shenandoah National Park was absolutely breathtaking. The pictures do not do the colors justice.



I AM Katniss Everdeen.


Big leaf. Small leaf.



Perched atop the bridge by the entrance with a bird's eye view of the mountains. 


Ended our day back home with friends around the fire. MmmmMmmm good.




No comments:

Post a Comment